Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
Cost: $125 USD (Varies according to country)
Questions: 50 approx.
Pass Marks: 700/1000
Duration: 120 minutes( up to 210 minutes for non-English countries)
Credit Toward Certification
When you pass Exam 70-291 exam you complete the requirements for the following certification(s):
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) status.
You also earn credit toward the following certifications:
- Core credit toward Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) on Windows Server 2003 certification
- Core credit toward Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) on Windows Server 2003 certification
Skills Being Measured
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below.The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining IP Addressing
Configure TCP/IP addressing on a server computer.
- Manage DHCP clients and leases.
- Manage DHCP Relay Agent.
- Manage DHCP databases.
- Manage DHCP scope options.
- Manage reservations and reserved clients.
Troubleshoot TCP/IP addressing.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA).
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to incorrect TCP/IP configuration.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to DHCP authorization.
- Verify DHCP reservation configuration.
- Examine the system event log and DHCP server audit log files to find related events.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to configuration of DHCP server and scope options.
- Verify that the DHCP Relay Agent is working correctly.
- Verify database integrity.
Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining Name Resolution
Install and configure the DNS Server service.
- Configure DNS server options.
- Configure DNS zone options.
- Configure DNS forwarding.
- Manage DNS zone settings.
- Manage DNS record settings.
- Manage DNS server options.
Monitor DNS. Tools might include System Monitor, Event Viewer, Replication Monitor, and DNS debug logs.
Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining Network Security
Implement secure network administration procedures.
- Implement security baseline settings and audit security settings by using security templates.
- Implement the principle of least privilege.
Install and configure software update infrastructure.
- Install and configure software update services.
- Install and configure automatic client update settings.
- Configure software updates on earlier operating systems.
Monitor network protocol security. Tools might include the IP Security Monitor Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in and Kerberos support tools.
Troubleshoot network protocol security. Tools might include the IP Security Monitor MMC snap-in, Event Viewer, and Network Monitor.
Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining Routing and Remote Access
Configure Routing and Remote Access user authentication.
- Configure remote access authentication protocols.
- Configure Internet Authentication Service (IAS) to provide authentication for Routing and Remote Access clients.
- Configure Routing and Remote Access policies to permit or deny access.
Manage remote access.
- Manage packet filters.
- Manage Routing and Remote Access routing interfaces.
- Manage devices and ports.
- Manage routing protocols.
- Manage Routing and Remote Access clients.
Manage TCP/IP routing.
- Manage routing protocols.
- Manage routing tables.
- Manage routing ports.
Implement secure access between private networks.
Troubleshoot user access to remote access services.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to remote access VPNs.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to establishing a remote access connection.
- Diagnose and resolve user access to resources beyond the remote access server.
Troubleshoot Routing and Remote Access routing.
- Troubleshoot demand-dial routing.
- Troubleshoot router-to-router VPNs.
Maintaining a Network Infrastructure
Monitor network traffic. Tools might include Network Monitor and System Monitor.
Troubleshoot connectivity to the Internet.
Troubleshoot server services.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to service dependency.
- Use service recovery options to diagnose and resolve service-related issues.