Achieving CCNP Security certification proves your skills with security solutions. To earn CCNP Security certification, you pass two exams: one that covers core security technologies and one security concentration exam of your choice, so you can customize your certification to your technical area of focus.
Exams and recommended training
To earn CCNP Security, you pass two exams: a core exam and a security concentration exam of your choice. And now every exam in the CCNP Security program earns an individual Specialist certification, so you get recognized for your accomplishments along the way.
- The core exam focuses on your knowledge of security infrastructure. The core exam is also the qualifying exam for CCIE Security certification. Passing this exam helps toward earning both of these certifications.
- Concentration exams focus on emerging and industry-specific topics. You can prepare for concentration exams by taking their corresponding Cisco training courses.
|Required exam||Recommended training|
|350-701 SCOR||Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR)|
Concentration exams (choose one):
|300-710 SNCF||Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall (SSNGFW)
Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS (SSFIPS)
|300-715 SISE||Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine (SISE)|
|300-720 SESA||Securing Email with Cisco Email Security Appliance (SESA)|
|300-725 SWSA||Securing the Web with Cisco Web Security Appliance (SWSA)|
|300-730 SVPN||Implementing Secure Solutions with Virtual Private Networks (SVPN)|
|300-735 SAUTO||Implementing Automation for Cisco Security Solutions (SAUI)|
There are no formal prerequisites for CCNP Security, but you should have a good understanding of the exam topics before taking the exam.
CCNP candidates often also have three to five years of experience implementing security solutions.
CCNP Security certification is valid for three years.
- Frequently asked questions (PDF – 323 KB)
- Grow your career in security (PDF – 2.7 MB)
- Legacy CCNP migration tools